The Snappi® Diaper Fastener revolutionized cloth diapering! Over 40 million have sold worldwide. It is an EASY to use fastener that offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper, replacing the diaper pin. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
Snappi®s WORK BEST with terry cloth diapers, cotton prefolds (Chinese or DSQ), and other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi to hook into. They DO NOT work well flannel or any other tightly woven diapers, even most hemp diapers.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size and in so doing, pulls the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This is done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand and close to the end of the leg (not by the rings) with the other hand and s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi® is then ready to go!
2. Make sure that your Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched as far as possible before hooking it into the diaper. In other words:
s-t-r-e-t-c-h and hook right,
s-t-r-e-t-c-h down and hook center so as to form a 'Y' shape.
By doing this, the Snappi® should be secure, the diaper will fit snugly and the baby should not be able to undo it. Place cover over diaper and Snappi® fastener.
NOTE: Snappi®s WORK BEST with cotton prefolds (Chinese or DSQ), terry cloth diapers and other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi to hook into. They do not work well with tightly woven diapers such as flannel diapers.
1. ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi® fastener on your baby's diaper.
2. Keep out of children's reach when not in use!
3. Do not use your Snappi® for longer than 6 months.
4. Do not leave your Snappi® lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi®.
CARE: Clean your Snappi® in hot soapy water. Do not launder them with diapers in the washer as this may weaken the grip attachment.
CAUTION: Any tear in the Snappi® can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard. Do not cut your Snappi® as this could create weak spots in your Snappi®. Inspect your Snappi® before each use and discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts.
NEW! Snappi's are now available in Toddler Size! This Snappi® is longer across the top ‘T’ of the Snappi®. Once stretched correctly, the Snappi® fastener can stretch 4” further than the Size 1 Snappi®. It comfortably fits up to a 30” waist.
AGE RECOMMENDATION: Although this depends largely on the size and shape of the toddler, we recommend trying the Size 2 – Toddler Snappi® for toddlers aged 18 months+