You will love this wonderfully easy to use and versatile baby carrier!
Baby wearing by the Moby Wrap Baby Carrier allows you to:
- provide pleasure, warmth, security and sound, all essential to healthy development
- lower the level of stress in the infant and parent
- hold baby, leaving the parent's hands for work and activities
- help meet baby's security needs:
baby can feel, smell, hear and see parent
- develop a strong and secure attachment to parents
- communicate to children that they are loved, safe, secure and cared for
- put your children at the center of activity rather than being the center of attention, which is a healthy atmosphere for development of empathy, affection and a healthy sense of self
- enable parents to accomplish their day-to-day activities and still be in close physical contact with their babies
- provide a natural soothing baby tranquilizer helping fussy or tired infants fall asleep
- make the baby an active participant in the walking, talking, laughing, movement and working of the parent
The design of the Moby Wrap baby carrier uses your entire back, as well as your shoulders, to carry the weight of your baby. Unlike other baby carriers, which have narrow straps or go across one shoulder, the Moby Wrap is a wide piece of fabric that is wrapped over both shoulders. It is amazingly comfortable and easy to wear. There are no buckles, snaps or other fasteners. It is easy to adjust the fit of your Moby Wrap by varying how tightly you wrap yourself and your baby.
The Moby Wrap comes with an easy to follow instructional guide and this web site with the latest news, tips and techniques. With the single stretch cotton and the width of the Moby Wrap, your baby is wrapped close and tight, insuring a secure hold. Your babyï¿½s head can also be secured under the stretchy cotton fabric for added safety. You can finally have both hands free and know your baby is safe and secure.
Be uniquely close to your baby.
There is not a lot of extra material or bulky padding between you and your baby. Your baby can hear your heartbeat and finds comfort in the warmth of your body,and sound of your heartbeat within the cuddly confines of the Moby Wrap.
Preemie to 35 lbs.
The Moby Wrap is an optimal baby carrier for premature infants. Preemies are often prescribed to practice "kangaroo care" and this skin-to-skin practice used to increase birth weight can be easily achieved while wearing the Moby Wrap. The Moby Wrap is long enough to adapt to your growing baby. The fabric can hold up to 45 lbs, and most people feel comfortable carrying up to 35 lbs.
There are many ways to wear your Moby Wrap. Your can wear your baby facing you, facing the world, sideways or on your back. When not being used as a carrier, the Moby can be used as blanket, pillow or anything else that comes to mind.
The Moby Wrap is easy to clean. You can machine wash your Moby in cold water and tumble dry low. Slight shrinkage after washing may occur. Once you start wearing your Moby again, it will stretch out.